05 Mar HUD: FHA INFO #20-16: Coronavirus Information Available
March 3, 2020
Earlier this week, HUD Secretary Dr. Ben Carson was added to the White House Coronavirus Task Force. All federal agencies are working aggressively on a multi-layered, cross-agency public health response to this evolving situation.
While the risk of infections for Americans remains low, we are encouraging FHA-approved lenders and other stakeholders in FHA transactions to make the information below available to your employees:
• What you need to know about Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
• Stop the Spread of Germs
• Symptoms of Coronavirus Disease 2019
• What to do if you are sick with coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Stakeholders are reminded to ensure that their responses remain faithful to obligations under the Constitution, Fair Housing Act, and related regulations. Exigencies associated with important and timely response to issues surrounding COVID-19 are not the basis for unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability or familial status
Contact the FHA Resource Center:
• Visit our online knowledge base to obtain answers to frequently asked questions 24/7 at: www.hud.gov/answers.
• E-mail the FHA Resource Center at: email@example.com. Emails and phone messages will be responded to during normal hours of operation, 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (Eastern), Monday through Friday on all non-Federal holidays.
• Call 1-800-CALLFHA (1-800-225-5342). Persons with hearing or speech impairments may reach this number by calling the Federal Relay Service at 1-800-877-8339.