05 Mar OCC: Protecting Tenants at Foreclosure Act: Revised Comptroller’s Handbook Booklet
March 2, 2020
The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) issued today the revised “Protecting Tenants at Foreclosure Act” booklet of the Comptroller’s Handbook. This booklet provides information and procedures for examiners in connection with the foreclosure activities and related consumer protections covered under the Protecting Tenants at Foreclosure Act of 2009 (PTFA).
With the issuance of this revised booklet, the following documents are rescinded:
- OCC Bulletin 2011-15, “Protecting Tenants at Foreclosure Act of 2009: Revised Examination Procedures”
- “Protecting Tenants at Foreclosure Act of 2009” booklet of the Comptroller’s Handbook issued in May 2011
Note for Community Banks
This booklet applies to the OCC’s supervision of community banks.
The revised booklet
- summarizes PTFA requirements.
- discusses risks associated with a bank’s PTFA compliance.
- provides examiners with information and procedures regarding a bank’s risk management and PTFA compliance.
For complete bulletin, please click the source link above.