05 Mar Tennessee Tornado Activity Causes Immense Destruction
March 3, 2020
Source: The Weather Channel
WSMV NBC News 4: (Tornado moves across Nashville and Middle TN)
Tennessee Emergency Management Agency (TEMA): Current Status: State of Emergency
Approximate locations sustaining structural damage:
– Cookeville (Putnam County, 38501, 38502, 38503, 38505, 38506)
– Donelson (Davidson County, 37214)
– Germantown (Shelby County, 38125, 38138, 38139)
– Hermitage (Davidson County, 37076)
– Mt. Juliet (Wilson County, 37121, 37122)
– Nashville (Davidson County)
– East Nashville (Davidson County, 37206, 37207 37216)
– West Nashville (Davidson County, 37209)
NOTE: This has not yet been declared a FEMA Major Disaster.
At a Glance
- Damaging storms spawned one or more tornadoes in Middle Tennessee early Tuesday morning.
- The governor declared a state of emergency.
- Part of Interstate 40 was closed by downed power lines and overturned tractor-trailers.
For full report, please click the source link above.