14 Sep FHA INFO #20-66: HERMIT System Submissions for COVID-19 Related Extensions
September 10, 2020
Today, the Federal Housing Administration (FHA) announced software updates to the Home Equity Reverse Mortgage Information Technology (HERMIT) system, which allows servicers to submit extensions related to the Presidentially -Declared COVID-19 National Emergency for Home Equity Conversion Mortgages (HECM). The extension of the foreclosure and eviction moratorium were published in Mortgagee Letter 2020-27.
Servicers are required to use the COVID-19 extensions for HECMs per the details in HERMIT System Changes – Release 6.1 immediately. In addition, stakeholders should review the HERMIT User Guide and the HERMIT System & Resources for more information.
• View Mortgagee Letter 2020-27 and all other archived Mortgagee Letters at:
• View the HERMIT System & Resources page at:
Contact the FHA Resource Center:
• Visit our online knowledge base to obtain answers to frequently asked questions 24/7 at:
• E-mail the FHA Resource Center at: email@example.com. Emails and phone messages will be responded to during normal hours of operation, 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (Eastern), Monday through Friday on all non-Federal holidays.
• Call 1-800-CALL-FHA (1-800-225-5342). Persons with hearing or speech impairments may reach this number by calling the Federal Relay Service at 1-800-877-8339.
For full announcement, please click the source link above.