12 Oct HUD: FHA INFO #20-73: Temporary Policy to Waive Requirements for “Interior” Photographs in Presidentially-Declared Major Disaster Areas
October 6, 2020
Source: HUD (temporary policy waiver)
Today, the Federal Housing Administration (FHA) published a temporary policy waiver to its Single Family Housing Policy Handbook 4000.1 requirements that suspends the standard inspection requirement for “interior” photographs of property in designated Presidentially-Declared Major Disaster Areas (PDMDAs).
This waiver of requirements for interior photographs in PDMDAs is now consistent with the temporary inspection guidance allowing for exterior-only or desktop-only inspections due to the COVID-19 National Emergency currently in place.
• View the temporary policy waiver requirement for interior photographs in PDMDAs at: https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/administration/hudclips/waivers/
• Access the online or PDF versions of the Single Family Housing Policy Handbook1 at: https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/administration/hudclips/handbooks/hsgh
• View Mortgagee Letter 2020-05 and all other archived Mortgagee Letters at: https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/administration/hudclips/letters/mortgagee
Contact the FHA Resource Center:
• Visit our online knowledge base to obtain answers to frequently asked questions 24/7 at:
• E-mail the FHA Resource Center at: email@example.com. Emails and phone messages will be responded to during normal hours of operation, 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM (Eastern), Monday through Friday on all non-Federal holidays.
• Call 1-800-CALL-FHA (1-800-225-5342). Persons with hearing or speech impairments may reach this number by calling the Federal Relay Service at 1-800-877-8339.